OH, HEY BOSS LADY!
I’M JENNAE, AND I MAKE MAGIC FOR MY CLIENTS.
Iâ€™m a brand strategist, graphic and web designer who helps women like you upgrade to genuine, holistic brand design your customers will love and trust.
I deliver the kind of branding that makes you feel like youâ€™re putting your whole heart + the reasons you started your business in the first place on display for the world to see. Branding that transforms your business by transforming the worldâ€™s perception of you and what you have to offer.
I can support you as a long-term team member, by your side to design every promo, press kit and product you need as your business grows and thrives, consult with you to develop a brand strategy that gets you unstuck, or design your brand visuals from the ground up. The core of what I offer is support where you need it most, you so you can focus on the parts of your business you do best.Â
A little about me: I was born and raised in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands and I will be an island girl forever and a day! I married my first love, who I fell head over heels for when we were still kids, and we have four amazing kids of our own. I’m a Howard University grad (HU! You know!) and I believe that the best way to live is by being your most authentic self. Still with me? OK.
I have 15 years of experience across a variety of design and creative disciplines. This means I can create your brand strategy, build your website, design your print materials, digital or printed products and even shoot your product photos. I can quite literally develop your brand presentation from the ground up. Yes, really. Vanessa K. De Luca, former Editor-in-Chief of Essence magazine, can tell you.
So if you’re a boss lady who has been in business for a while, but you need help figuring out what to do next to get your branding where you need it to be, I can’t wait to speak with you to see if we’re a good fit. If you’re ready to invest in getting it all the way together so you can be consistent and grow, let’s go!
LET’S GET TO WORK
how i can help
There are two ways we can work together to ease your branding pain so you can grow your biz with confidence:
ARE WE A GOOD FIT?
who i work with
WE’RE NOT A GOOD FIT IFâ€¦
- Your main concern is price and you’re just getting quotes so you can choose the cheapest one.
- You want an instant price quote without providing in-depth details about your business and goals.
- You donâ€™t have clear goals for your business or any idea of what you want.
- You think of branding as an afterthought rather than a priority.
- Your personal taste is more important than what will get you results.
- You’re not willing to take advice and want to micromanage.
- You want consulting and design work that is amazing, but also fast and cheap.
- You want a copy of someone else’s design.
WE’RE A PERFECT FIT IFâ€¦
- You understand that great design that will last you for the long haul is an investment, and you’re ready to make it.
- You will answer my questions as needed so I can craft the best possible design solution.
- You understand that great, unique design takes time and you’re willing to do your part.
- You will allow me to offer design advice in the best interest of your goals because your brand identity should speak to your customers first.
- You’re willing to do what it takes to maintain your brand standards and be consistent.
- You want a long-lasting partnership.
- You are honest and full of integrity and want a partner who is the same.
READY TO WORK?
I recently hired Jennae to help me build an entirely new platform from the bottom-up. I can say unequivocally that her outsized talent, nimble responsiveness and creativity were everything I needed and more. When you hire Jennae, you not only get a contractor—you get a partner who will help transform your dreams into reality. I highly recommend her services, and will certainly tap into her expertise in the future.
— VANESSA K. DE LUCA, FOUNDER, THE EDITOR IN CHIEF
& FORMER EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF ESSENCE MAGAZINE
I absolutely love working with Jennae. I’ve had a number of graphic designers over the years and she’s the one I’ve stuck with. I love that I can provide her with nothing more than an overarching idea and the associated text, without giving her any creative direction, and she comes back with something 100% on brand that is beautifully designed with exactly the look and feel that I want. It takes so much off my plate knowing that I can trust her creative direction when it comes to my brand aesthetic. She is a true creative director and you will not be sorry if you hire her. In a sea of folks playing around with digital art tools–who call themselves graphic designers–Jennae is a true graphic artist, who will undoubtedly uplevel the look of your brand, allowing you, as a small business, the ability to compete with Fortune 500 companies. You’ve got a lifetime client in me.
— GWEN JIMMERE, FOUNDER & CEO, NATURALICIOUS
Almost 10 months ago, set out to refresh my brand of vegan, health conscious, energy-infused hair & skin care product packaging to better reflect who the brand is, what problems it aimed to solve, and what consumers should expect. It has been a journey…I was on the hunt for top-notch designers who instantly understood my vision and vibed with me. I lucked up and found Jennae Petersen, founder of Hibiscus Creative. What a blessing. She is talented, fueled to do what’s right, and has been fantastic to work with. A true blessing. My vision has been realized and beyond. Thank you, Jennae. My pockets are kind of light lol, but it has been worth every cent.
— CARLITHEA ABRAM, FOUNDER & CEO, POLLYNATION APOTHECARY
I hired designers prior to Hibiscus Creative, but, it was clear my website was dated and needed a makeover. Jennae was very responsive and accommodating. I wanted a website that was tranquil, airy, green and pet-friendly, and she delivered! I’ve continued to use her services for any updates. Jennae is super talented and sticks to her deadlines. Highly recommended!
— JACQUELINE RIVERA, PAWFECT DAY