OH, HEY BOSS LADY!
I’M JENNAE, AND I MAKE MAGIC FOR MY CLIENTS.
I’m a brand strategist, graphic and web designer who helps women like you upgrade to genuine, holistic brand design your customers will love and trust.
I deliver the kind of branding that makes you feel like you’re putting your whole heart + the reasons you started your business in the first place on display for the world to see. Branding that transforms your business by transforming the world’s perception of you and what you have to offer.
I can support you as a long-term team member, by your side to design every promo, press kit and product you need as your business grows and thrives, consult with you to develop a brand strategy that gets you unstuck, or design your brand visuals from the ground up. The core of what I offer is support where you need it most, you so you can focus on the parts of your business you do best.
A little about me: I was born and raised in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands and I will be an island girl forever and a day! I married my first love, who I fell head over heels for when we were still kids, and we have four amazing kids of our own. I’m a Howard University grad (HU! You know!) and I believe that the best way to live is by being your most authentic self. Still with me? OK.
I have 15 years of experience across a variety of design and creative disciplines. This means I can create your brand strategy, build your website, design your print materials, digital or printed products and even shoot your product photos. I can quite literally develop your brand presentation from the ground up. Yes, really. Vanessa K. De Luca, former Editor-in-Chief of Essence magazine, can tell you.
So if you’re a boss lady who has been in business for a while, but you need help figuring out what to do next to get your branding where you need it to be, I can’t wait to speak with you to see if we’re a good fit. If you’re ready to invest in getting it all the way together so you can be consistent and grow, let’s go!
LET’S GET TO WORK
how i can help
There are two ways we can work together to ease your branding pain so you can grow your biz with confidence:
ARE WE A GOOD FIT?
who i work with
WE’RE NOT A GOOD FIT IF…
- Your main concern is price and you’re just getting quotes so you can choose the cheapest one.
- You want an instant price quote without providing in-depth details about your business and goals.
- You don’t have clear goals for your business or any idea of what you want.
- You think of branding as an afterthought rather than a priority.
- Your personal taste is more important than what will get you results.
- You’re not willing to take advice and want to micromanage.
- You want consulting and design work that is amazing, but also fast and cheap.
- You want a copy of someone else’s design.
WE’RE A PERFECT FIT IF…
- You understand that great design that will last you for the long haul is an investment, and you’re ready to make it.
- You will answer my questions as needed so I can craft the best possible design solution.
- You understand that great, unique design takes time and you’re willing to do your part.
- You will allow me to offer design advice in the best interest of your goals because your brand identity should speak to your customers first.
- You’re willing to do what it takes to maintain your brand standards and be consistent.
- You want a long-lasting partnership.
- You are honest and full of integrity and want a partner who is the same.
READY TO WORK?
I recently hired Jennae to help me build an entirely new platform from the bottom-up. I can say unequivocally that her outsized talent, nimble responsiveness and creativity were everything I needed and more. When you hire Jennae, you not only get a contractor—you get a partner who will help transform your dreams into reality. I highly recommend her services, and will certainly tap into her expertise in the future.
— VANESSA K. DE LUCA, FOUNDER, THE EDITOR IN CHIEF
& FORMER EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF ESSENCE MAGAZINE
I absolutely love working with Jennae. I’ve had a number of graphic designers over the years and she’s the one I’ve stuck with. I love that I can provide her with nothing more than an overarching idea and the associated text, without giving her any creative direction, and she comes back with something 100% on brand that is beautifully designed with exactly the look and feel that I want. It takes so much off my plate knowing that I can trust her creative direction when it comes to my brand aesthetic. She is a true creative director and you will not be sorry if you hire her. In a sea of folks playing around with digital art tools–who call themselves graphic designers–Jennae is a true graphic artist, who will undoubtedly uplevel the look of your brand, allowing you, as a small business, the ability to compete with Fortune 500 companies. You’ve got a lifetime client in me.
— GWEN JIMMERE, FOUNDER & CEO, NATURALICIOUS
Almost 10 months ago, set out to refresh my brand of vegan, health conscious, energy-infused hair & skin care product packaging to better reflect who the brand is, what problems it aimed to solve, and what consumers should expect. It has been a journey…I was on the hunt for top-notch designers who instantly understood my vision and vibed with me. I lucked up and found Jennae Petersen, founder of Hibiscus Creative. What a blessing. She is talented, fueled to do what’s right, and has been fantastic to work with. A true blessing. My vision has been realized and beyond. Thank you, Jennae. My pockets are kind of light lol, but it has been worth every cent.
— CARLITHEA ABRAM, FOUNDER & CEO, POLLYNATION APOTHECARY
I hired designers prior to Hibiscus Creative, but, it was clear my website was dated and needed a makeover. Jennae was very responsive and accommodating. I wanted a website that was tranquil, airy, green and pet-friendly, and she delivered! I’ve continued to use her services for any updates. Jennae is super talented and sticks to her deadlines. Highly recommended!
— JACQUELINE RIVERA, PAWFECT DAY