FINALLY! A MASTERCLASS THAT TEACHES YOU HOW TO BRAND YOUR BUSINESS IN JUST 6 WEEKS!
So…you’re ready to start your business and watch it take off. You’re ready to be the boss you were always destined to be. But starting a business is one thing. Branding that business so you actually LOOK like a legitimate business is another. Because the impact of branding is that it helps people to trust you. It helps them decide to do business with you. It communicates quality in a way that words alone do not.
BUT — branding also takes work — real work — and you’re not sure where to start, much less how to make all of your visuals look amazing on a consistent basis, especially without the help of a designer who can just do it all for you.
Or you. You’ve already started your business, but you know your branding needs work. Your visuals are all over the place, nothing feels consistent, and you’re just not sure how to pull it all together. And you know that this inconsistency creates the perception that you’re just winging it — not really giving your business all the attention it needs. But even if you are winging it, you don’t want to look like you’re winging it.
Ideally, you want to hire a designer to create beautiful brand visuals for you and keep them looking amazing, but your budget isn’t quite there yet. Still, you want your branding to look like the FUTURE of your business, not the inconsistent present.
If either of these scenarios hit home, this masterclass is for you.
Hey brand builder! I’m Jennae Petersen, designer extraordinaire and brand magician. For more than 15 years, I’ve helped business owners bring the ideas that lived only in their minds to life in a tangible, beautiful way. I’m a brand strategist, graphic and web designer who understands innately how to make ALL of your brand visuals feels like part of the same ecosystem. I specialize in giving my clients’ businesses and brands a million dollar look to match their million dollar goals.
And now, I want to help you do the same for yourself. Here’s how:
The BLUE AGATE CREATIVE BRAND LABORATORY is a 6-week masterclass during which I’ll teach you, step-by-step, how to create well-thought-out, carefully and beautifully designed branding, all by yourself. This masterclass will get you on the right foot from the start for a fraction of the cost of hiring a brand strategist and professional designer to do it all for you.
In this 6-week self-guided masterclass, I’ll help you and your business get unstuck with a comprehensive roadmap to solidifying your brand story, presentation and visuals so you can walk in confidence that your branding represents you and your business authentically. Because guess what? Having a brand that accurately represents who you are and who you want to serve helps people trust you and choose to work with you — which will help you make more money, faster.
This is not a live masterclass. Instead, you’ll be able to move through the class at your own pace, with each lesson released in 1-week intervals, complete with written lessons, follow-along worksheets and sometimes video.
The pace of the masterclass is designed to give you time to really think about the materials and complete each lesson and exercise in a way that is true to you and your business goals so you’re not just rushing through, trying to get to the next task. It is important that you consider each lesson carefully. That’s the only way this masterclass will be effective for you.
Here’s an outline of the full program:
week 1: Naming Your Business
Did I mention we’re going to start from the beginning? Even if you’re already in business, this first lesson can help you figure out if you’re on the right path. Naming your business is a highly personal task, but it should still be guided by these principles and factors that can affect how well your business name — and in turn, your brand website URL — perform and resonate with your customers. You’ll learn:
- How to pick a name that makes sense for your business.
- How your name will affect your logo design later.
- How to choose a simple name that isn’t boring.
- What you should avoid when naming your business.
- How to find out if the name you choose is already in use, and what that means for your business.
- How to choose the best possible website URL and why your domain name truly matters.
- Worksheets to help you work through your choices.
- Why you should always have the final say in what you call your business — not a chorus of random people you ask for advice.
week 2: Your Ideal Customer & Products
Why are we doing this? This has nothing to do with design! Simple. Because there is no way you can craft a look or a message that target the right customers if you don’t know who they are. This lesson is really the key to unlocking HOW to set your business up for success. It’s a lesson I wish I’d had 15 years ago when I was trying to do graphic design for any and everyone who would hire me. This is the piece of advice that would’ve saved me a lot of stress and worry and really opened me up to making more money a lot faster. You’ll learn:
- How to figure out who your ideal customers are, in detail. It’s about more than serving women or serving men. What kind of men? What kind of women? What do they like? What do they dislike?
- How even the largest retailers — who seemingly serve everyone — have an ideal customer, and how they tailor their brand design and messaging to that person, which draws in others by extension.
- How to create products that best serve your ideal customers. Once you know exactly who they are and the pain points you can alleviate for them, your ideal products will reveal themselves naturally.
- Why NOW is the time to start working on your brand story and content that accurately represents it, maybe with the help of a copywriter.
- Worksheets to help you think through these questions in detail.
week 3: Logo & Brand Style Guide
Now we’re getting to the good stuff! Whether you have access to Adobe Illustrator and plan to design your logo on your own, or you plan to hire a designer, you’ll learn what really makes a dope logo and how to create — or guide the creation — of one. You’ll learn:
- How to figure out what you want your logo to say about your business.
- How to use — and not use — color in your logo.
- What will most appeal to the ideal customer you identified in week two, and how you can most simply and clearly communicate your message to them.
- The principles I use to create EVERY logo I design.
- The best way to approach your logo if you’ll design it yourself.
- What to request from your logo designer, to make sure your logo is versatile and ready to use however you need it, or what format you’ll need to create your logo in for best use, if you’ll do it yourself.
- What fonts to avoid like the plague.
- Why your logo, beautiful though it needs to be, is only one small part of the overall look of your brand.
- How to create a Brand Style Guide, also known as the Holy Grail of your branding, which will direct everything from color palette to typography and overall brand mood.
- How to use your style guide moving forward to ensure your branding will stay consistent, whether you continue to work on your brand on your own or work with a designer.
- Unlimited access to my sold out, exclusive Bronze Logo Package! It was offered only to a limited number of clients, and only my students will be able to get this deal.
week 4: Website Plan
Yes, you need a website. But understanding how to properly structure it for maximum effectiveness is infinitely more important than just having a website for the sake of it. And before you start building, you need to know WHAT to put on it. Trust me when I say that in all my years as a web designer, this is where so many clients struggle. And I’m going to give you a roadmap that makes it SO much easier than going at it blind. You’ll learn:
- What information should be on your homepage, and what should not.
- How to maximize the space above the fold on your website.
- How to incorporate calls to action so they are most effective
- How to use your website as an automatic mailing list-building tool.
- How to create content that actually helps you sell rather than just fluff.
- How a one-page site can be super effective, depending on your business type; or how to structure your pages so they are most concise and effective.
- How to know when you need the help of a copywriter.
- A comprehensive guide and checklist to help you plan.
week 5: Website Build
Now that you have a solid plan for your website content and structure, you can move on to actually building it. And while this masterclass is not going to teach you to write code from scratch or make you a web designer overnight, it will teach you:
- How to choose the website platform that is right for YOUR business, not just what everyone else is using.
- How to choose a website host and hosting plan, if you haven’t already.
- How to choose a beautiful, functional, trustworthy website template that can look and feel custom, but more importantly, that will maximize your business goals.
- What you need to customize to make sure your website still looks unique.
- Why website templates with page builders are a good choice, and which ones are the most user-friendly.
- How photography can completely change the look of your site, and whether you need to invest in a brand photoshoot.
- A comprehensive list of resources to help you build your site.
week 6: Social Media Presence
EVERY business needs to have a social media presence — that much is obvious. But unless you have team or a social media manager, figuring out how to use it to the best advantage of your business can be a challenge. You’ll learn:
- Why it’s so important that your brand visuals on social media be consistent with the rest of your branding.
- Why visual consistency doesn’t have to mean being rigid, and you can still show up as your authentic self.
- How to plan your content for each platform to increase engagement and look amazing.
- How to figure out where your ideal customers are so you’ll know where to spend your time, energy and marketing budget.
- How going LIVE on social media can boost your business, no matter what industry you’re in.
- Two FREE social media promo graphic templates, delivered in Photoshop or Canva formats, to help you get started.
READY TO LEARN HOW TO BUILD YOUR BRAND THE RIGHT WAY?
GREAT! THERE ARE 3 CONVENIENT PAYMENT PLANS
STILL THINKING ABOUT IT?
Well, the truth is, you can’t beat this value. By the end of the Brand Laboratory masterclass, you’ll have amazing branding, created from the ground up, that not only looks and feels great, but sets you up for success. You’ll transform your business with the guidance of a pro who has done this dozens of times! But here’s the best part: You’re getting more than $10,000 worth of teaching, services, guides and templates for just $1111.
THAT’S NEARLY 90% in savings! And if you need a little time, you can choose one of the other flexible payment options: 2 monthly payments of $625, or 4 monthly payments of just $350!
Let’s take a moment to talk about the real cost of all the things you’re going to learn to do for yourself:
- Business Naming Consultation: $1000+
- Ideal Customer Identification and Product Consultation: $1000+
- Logo Design + Brand Style Guide: $2500+
- Website Planning + Building: $5000+
- Social Media Strategy + Design: $1000+
So you can spend more than $10,000 paying a brand strategist and designer to do this all for you.
OR you can learn from an expert how to do all of it yourself so you’ll know how to keep it going for the long haul of your business for an initial investment as low as $350.
But just so you know it’s real:
HERE’S WHY MY CLIENTS TRUST ME:
I recently hired Jennae to help me build an entirely new platform from the bottom-up. I can say unequivocally that her outsized talent, nimble responsiveness and creativity were everything I needed and more. When you hire Jennae, you not only get a contractor—you get a partner who will help transform your dreams into reality. I highly recommend her services, and will certainly tap into her expertise in the future.
— VANESSA K. DE LUCA, FOUNDER, THE EDITOR IN CHIEF
& FORMER EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF ESSENCE MAGAZINE
I absolutely love working with Jennae. I’ve had a number of graphic designers over the years and she’s the one I’ve stuck with. I love that I can provide her with nothing more than an overarching idea and the associated text, without giving her any creative direction, and she comes back with something 100% on brand that is beautifully designed with exactly the look and feel that I want. It takes so much off my plate knowing that I can trust her creative direction when it comes to my brand aesthetic. She is a true creative director and you will not be sorry if you hire her. In a sea of folks playing around with digital art tools–who call themselves graphic designers–Jennae is a true graphic artist, who will undoubtedly uplevel the look of your brand, allowing you, as a small business, the ability to compete with Fortune 500 companies. You’ve got a lifetime client in me.
— GWEN JIMMERE, FOUNDER & CEO, NATURALICIOUS
Almost 10 months ago, set out to refresh my brand of vegan, health conscious, energy-infused hair & skin care product packaging to better reflect who the brand is, what problems it aimed to solve, and what consumers should expect. It has been a journey…I was on the hunt for top-notch designers who instantly understood my vision and vibed with me. I lucked up and found Jennae Petersen, founder of Blue Agate Creative. What a blessing. She is talented, fueled to do what’s right, and has been fantastic to work with. A true blessing. My vision has been realized and beyond. Thank you, Jennae. My pockets are kind of light lol, but it has been worth every cent.
— CARLITHEA ABRAM, FOUNDER & CEO, POLLYNATION APOTHECARY
Don’t ignore the chance to have an experienced brand strategist and designer walk you through the process of giving your business a facelift via careful, well-thought-out branding, step-by-step. The bright, profitable future of your business is absolutely worth it.